I’m so excited! I was featured today on Crock-Pot’s Facebook page for Crock-Star Confessions
I’m only featured today, (October 12th, 2011), but after that you can see the video in their YouTube library.
Here’s the recipe:
Crockpot Beef with Tomato, Pearl Onions, and Mushroom
• 1 large cut of beef (any boneless cut that’s big enough to feed your family)
• 1 bag frozen pearl onions
• a big pinch each of dried oregano, basil and parsley
• a small pinch of red pepper flakes
• 2 containers of chopped tomatoes (I used 2 17.5 oz boxes of Pomi Chopped Tomatoes)
• about 1/3 -1/2 cup of Worcestershire Sauce
• 1 pint sliced baby portobello mushrooms
• salt and pepper to taste
In a large pot, brown your meat on all sides. Transfer to the crockpot. Add the onions,tomato sauce, beef, and Worcestershire Sauce. (The Worcestershire sauce is the bonus secret – if you use a bottom note, like Worcestershire, red wine, or even balsamic vinegar, you get a more complex, tasty sauce!)
Set on low for 8 hours
After about 7 hours, add the mushrooms and carefully stir to combine.
Cover and cook an additional hour.
You could serve this as is, with a side salad or put it over egg noodles, rice or even pasta for a hearty, stick to your ribs meal.
It is OK to use my photos or content provided a link back and proper crediting is given