It’s been cold and dreary here, I think I’ve mentioned it recently. A hearty meal of roasted potatoes with spicy rice, peas and corn is very welcome – the heat from some serranos make this a great meal to end this horrible cold with. Satisfying, spicy, crunchy and delicious!
- 1 5 lb. bag of potatoes, washed and chopped into small pieces
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 5 serranos chiles chopped (I left the ribs and seeds in for maximum heat – you decide what’s best for you)
- 5 small which onions peeled and quartered
- 2 cups uncooked rice of your choosing
- one bag each, frozen petite peas and corn kernals defrosted
- Extra virgin olive oil
Preheat your oven to 425 – line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, spray foil with non stick spray.
Place the potatoes, onions, garlic, and chiles on the pan, drizzle olive oil over to coat, add generous pinches of salt and pepper. Toss with clean hands to coat and cook. Place in the oven on the middle rack, to allow full heat circulation. This will take, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Cook until the potatoes are browned.
Meanwhile, determine how much time your rice will take and prepare accordingly, you want everything to be hot when you combine. When the rice is done, add, the peas and corn, and the roasted vegetables.
Toss carefully and cover, to allow the heat to warm everything through.
Plate, drizzle a little more olive oil over the top, salt and pepper to taste if needed and serve.
It is OK to use my photos or content provided a link back and proper crediting is given