This was so good that I don’t even need to tell you that it’s vegan, healthy, gluten free, and that the only carbs in it come from the veggies and fruit. But it’s true, so I’ll tell you. Do not miss this cool, summery, Easy Gazpacho!
- 1/2 honeydew melon, peeled and very rough chopped
- 2 red bell pepper very rough chopped
- 11 (that’s what I had left) peppadew peppers
- 1 large cucumber (I like the English cuke for this, skin on – but any really good cucumber will do) halved length wise, very rough chopped
- 5 tomatoes seeded, very rough chopped
- 1/2 large red onion peeled, very rough chopped
- 2 cloves elephant garlic (or 4 regular), very rough chopped
- 46(ish) oz. of good vegetable juice – check the ingredients list – we want this healthy and fresh!
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup sherry vinegar
- 2 big pinches of salt
- lots of fresh cracked pepper (I like the mixed)
The best way to do this is with a food processor – Get it out, with the big bowl attachment and put a large pot with a lid on the stove. You will not be heating this pot at any time. (I know, so easy, right?)
You’re going to want to do this in batches as the different textures of the produce will have different results and times in the processor.
Process the melon
until it’s in small chunks and transfer to the pot.
You can process the bell peppers with the peppadews and transfer, then the cucumber and transfer…
The tomatoes and transfer…
Then the onions and garlic and transfer…
And add the vegetable juice, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper and stir to combine.
Cover and refrigerate, overnight to let the flavors blend.
Ladle some into a bowl and serve.
Perfect with a salad on a hot summers day. Next time, I think I’d add some cilantro and sliced avocado before serving. Surprisingly filling too.
It is OK to use my photos or content provided a link back and proper crediting is given